Due to the number of systems and audiences involved, the current documentation plan is for the canonical documentation to be within the Github repository, using GitHub pages.
This provides a number of easy to use tools and systems to help keep standardised, versions and readable documentation.
- Main AIS documentation to be at the top level https://australian-imaging-service.github.io/
- Each repository will self document
- Using Hugo modules the documentation for each repository will be integrated into the main documentation, which link out to the repositories as necessary - see Integrating a new repository for more details.
- Documentation from each repository is effectively mounted in a virtual file tree where the documentation is then generated from. See the hugo docs for more info.
- Should be written in Markdown
- Should be in a directory called docs in the top level of each repository. We have chosen this methodology as it allows for versioned documentation that matches the code base.
- Either add themselves to the main site or ask an administrator to add them.